Premier League Harder Than Serie A - Fiorentina Midfielder Valon Behrami

Posted by admin on Thursday 27 January 2011


Valon Behrami claims Premier League experience made him stronger as he rekindles his relationship with Calcio.
Fiorentina midfielder Valon Behrami believes he can enjoy a thriving fortune in Serie A following his move from West Ham.

The 25-year-old was unveiled by the club on Thursday, and first up is a clash with former side Lazio on Saturday.

"Lazio? It will be a tough clash away from home, but I am tranquil. There is some emotion, but it's because I will be wearing the Fiorentina shirt," he told the press.

"My experience in England was important. The work was physical, and there was not much pressure off the pitch.

"I also think in certain aspects English football is different to the Italian game, it's more difficult."

Behrami revealed Fiorentina were just one of many clubs sourcing his services, but made it clear he was not forced to leave West Ham, despite making a handful of apperances this season.

"Had I not come to Fiorentina I would have remained at West Ham," he said.