Real Madrid Plot €115 Million Summer Raid For Tottenham Hotspur Duo Gareth Bale & Luka Modric

Posted by admin on Sunday 23 January 2011


Jose Mourinho is preparing to tempt Tottenham into parting with two prized assets this summer, with a €115 million swoop to take Gareth Bale and Luka Modric to Real Madrid.

According to The Daily Star, the ‘Special One’ believes that the calibre of the Spurs pair warrants the hefty financial outlay as he looks to strengthen his midfield with energy and guile, while offering stiff competition on the left-hand side, where current full-back Marcelo would drop out of the line-up to accommodate the Welshman.

Real believe that Spurs will demand a minimum of €35m for their Croatian playmaker, while a whopping €80m – just €14m short of the fee required to land Cristiano Ronaldo from Manchester United – will seal the transfer of Bale.

Nonetheless, as exclusively revealed by Goal.com UK, the north London outfit are set to finalise a new £100,000-a-week contract (€115,000) with their wing machine, in a deal which will make Bale the highest paid player in the club’s history; securing him to a contract believed to be five years in length, making Real's pursuit of the Spurs man even more financially challenging.

Meanwhile, Modric - who like Bale penned a new long-term deal with Spurs last summer - himself ruled out a move away from White Hart Lane, insisting that he is ignoring mounting speculation regarding his future.

"The only truth is that I'm a Tottenham player and I'm happy to be where I am. I'm fully focused on my job,” he told Sportskenovosti.

"Following my arrival in 2008 every transfer window is the same. Newspapers are always talking about me moving away.

He added: "My future? Who knows what the future will bring, but I'm a Tottenham player and I'm happy to be at White Hart Lane."