Official: Michele Paolucci Joins Palermo On Loan From Siena

Posted by admin on Monday 31 January 2011


New Palermo loan signing Michele Paolucci is delighted to be wearing the Rosanero jersey.
New Palermo loan signing Michele Paolucci is "emotional and proud" to be joining the Rosanero from Siena.

The 24-year-old is looking forward to shining for the Sicilian club, and knew that he would be joining the side upon hearing the first whispers about a possible move.

"I am very emotional and proud of the move. I cannot wait to wear the Rosanero jersey," the hitman told the club's official website upon being presented to the media.

"As soon as I head about the interest from this extraordinary club, I did not have any doubts about the move and immediately thought about wearing the jersey. I still have to believe that something so extraordinary has occurred to me.

"Palermo are a wonderful club that aims for all the important trophies. Here, I will have the chance to play with some great players. I already know Sirigu from the national team and Balzaretti, Miccoli, Cassani and Nocerino from being at Juventus."

"Paolucci also explained why he chose to wear the number 22.

"In recent past at Palermo, not many players have worn it," he added. "I hope thaat over time, I can make it my own and the fans can remember me."