David Silva Does Not Regret Joining Manchester City Instead Of United

Posted by admin on Sunday 30 January 2011


Spaniard hopes his side do not fall prey to an upset against Notts County.
David Silva has admitted that he had no qualms over joining Manchester City last summer.

The 25-year-old joined the Eastlands outfit prior to the start of the current campaign, committing to a four-year deal with the club.

But two years prior to his move to the Premier League, he had a half-chance to transfer to his current club's arch-rivals Manchester United.

"I never seriously thought about joining United when they asked about me because it was clear at the time that Valencia would not sell," Silva told The Mirror.

"I understand there was a ­conversation between United and my agent, but it came to nothing.

"These things happen quite often in football and the moment passes. It was only last summer, when it became clear that the financial problems at Valencia meant they would have to sell, that I really considered what ­opportunities were open to me.

"And it was always going to be City once they made it clear to me how important I would be to them."

The former Valencia man was unaware of the banner above the Stretford End at Old Trafford that keeps count of how long City have not won anything, but now intends to rest it to zero.