Carlo Ancelotti Denies Chelsea Have Contacted Udinese Owner Over Alexis Sanchez

Posted by admin on Saturday, 22 January 2011

Italian prefers to keep transfer talk 'confidential'
Chelsea manager Carlo Ancelotti has denied making contact with Udinese owner Giampaolo Pozzo over the potential signing of Alexis Sanchez.

Pozzo had earlier claimed to have told the Blues it will cost £25 million to sign the Chile international, who is also reportedly wanted by Manchester United and Italian giants Inter.

Ancelotti did not entirely rule out a move for the 22-year-old, but insisted he had not held talks with Pozzo regarding a transfer.

"It's not true that we've spoken with the owner of Udinese," he said, according to Sky Sports.

"I don't like to speak about this because it's confidential."

Ancelotti has also denied holding talks with Steven Pienaar, who was believed to have elected to join Tottenham ahead of the Blues, who had reportedly had a £3m offer for the South African accepted.