Dieumerci Mbokani Confirms Desire To Leave Monaco For Hoffenheim

Posted by admin on Saturday 15 January 2011


With transfer dealings between Monaco and Hoffenheim having started, Dieumerci Mbokani hopes the move can go without a hitch.
Monaco striker Dieumerci Mbokani has reiterated his desire to leave the principality, citing Hoffenheim as his preferred destination.

The Congo striker only joined les Rogue et Blanc in the summer but has failed to make a sustained impact on their side, which has struggled badly in Ligue 1 over the course of the season to date. Now the former Standard Liege goal-getter simply wants to start a new chapter in his career.

“Hoffenheim have made an offer to Monaco,” he confirmed to RMC. “I don’t know if the clubs have an agreement.

“I want to play for Hoffenheim. I hope it will be resolved tomorrow. I would agree to go.

“Here in Monaco, it's hard to judge me in 10 matches. I'm not good in my head. I have made my decision.”

Mbokani joined les Monegasques for €7 million in the summer but has widely been regarded as the biggest flop in Le Championnat this season, scoring only one league goal in his fleeting appearances.