Blackpool Boss Ian Holloway To Get A Cut Of Liverpool Target Charlie Adam's Transfer Fee

Posted by admin on Thursday 27 January 2011


Gaffer also reveals he's on a much bigger bonus to avoid relegation.
Blackpool manager Ian Holloway has admitted that he stands to receive a slice of the transfer pie when Charlie Adam is sold to another club.

The midfielder has already handed in a transfer request to force a move away from the Seasiders, with Liverpool being heavily linked with a move for the player.

The 47-year-old recently maintained that Adam could be the man to fill the void left by Xabi Alonso's departure to Real Madrid in 2009, amid recent reports that Blackpool have placed a £12 million price tag on their skipper – of which Holloway is expected to receive a cut.

"I do get rewarded with anybody I coach and make a profit on," he told The Sun.

"My chairman looked at my record of producing players and helping players and selling them on and he wanted that at Blackpool.

"That's not what I'm doing it for. I'm on a far bigger bonus to keep us in the Premier League and Charlie Adam can help me do that."

The gaffer also recently described a £4 million bid from the Merseyside club as "disgraceful" with regards to how much the club expect to make through the sale of the former Rangers player.

But Holloway added: "If you're saying I'm doing this because I'm getting 20-30 per cent of the Adam money I'll not be very happy - it's miles away, absolute nonsense."

A spokesman for the FA said: "This type of agreement does not contravene any of our rules whatsoever."