Parma Striker Amauri: I'm Here To Win Back My Italy Place

Posted by admin on Wednesday 2 February 2011


Amauri sees Parma as route back into Italy.
Amauri is confident his Parma loan will provide the springboard to him winning back his Italy place.

The 30-year-old Italo-Brazilian joined the Ducali on loan for the rest of term from Juventus, and he is ready to show Cesare Prandelli it was worth it after reports emerged that the Italy coach convinced him to join Parma.

"I am thinking about the Nazionale. Of course I do, like everyone," Amauri told Il Corriere dello Sport.

"When Prandelli called me in August I was very happy, but I said I wouldn't be pleased if it was just a one-off.

"Now I have a chance, if I do well here then I can return to wearing the Italy shirt.

"I want to prove that Parma is the team and club to get me back to my best so I can achieve all my objectives."