Jack Wilshere: I'm Glad My Full England Debut Was A Win

Posted by admin on Wednesday 9 February 2011


Arsenal youngster happy with first international start.
England and Arsenal midfielder Jack Wilshere has proclaimed his delight upon being involved in a victory in his first international start.

England were 2-1 victors over Denmark courtesy of a second half winner from substitute Ashley Young. The Aston Villa man scored his first international goal after Daniel Agger put the Danes one up before the game was brought back level within the first 10 minutes by Darren Bent.

Wilshere played the first 45 minutes of the international friendly against the Scandinavians and looked good playing in the “holding role” Capello has earmarked for the youngster.

The 19-year-old told reporters: “Quite similar to my role at Arsenal but just not going forward as much and playing with the players I was with made it easy. The main thing is that we won. It was a good performance and we can take a lot from the game."

The Arsenal prospect was patriotic when questioned on making his full debut for the Three Lions.

He said: "It was great to play for your country and I'm glad my debut was a win. It was a difficult game in midfield and personally pleased with my performance.”