Tottenham Midfielder Jamie O’Hara: Arsenal Made Me The Player I Am Today

Posted by admin on Saturday 12 February 2011


Loanee hints he could extend stay at Molineux.
Tottenham’s Jamie O’Hara, currently on loan at Wolves, has revealed the debt of gratitude he feels he owes Arsenal having begun his career at the club.

The midfielder did not make a first-team appearance for the Gunners but spent five years in north London prior to signing for neighbours Spurs in 2003 and will come face-to-face with his former team this weekend as Wolves travel to the Emirates.

Speaking to The Guardian, O’Hara revealed what he felt he had learnt at Arsenal and how it still influenced his game today.

"I was at the Arsenal school training every day from 15 years old," he said.

"The structure there is fantastic. All the things I like to do, keeping the ball and passing it, all the things I enjoy about football come from Arsenal. They made me the player I am now."

However, the midfielder chose to swap one north London club for another, citing a lack of first-team opportunities as his prime motivator.