I Am Proud That I Chose Morocco – Mehdi Carcela-Gonzalez

Posted by admin on Thursday 10 February 2011


The Standard Liege midfielder was all smiles after the Atlas Lions’ 3-0 win over Niger in Marrakech on Wednesday.
Newly recruited Moroccan international midfielder Mehdi Carcela-Gonzalez has told Mountakhab.net that he is honored to have chosen to represent the Atlas Lions over Belgium and that he has absolutely no regrets about the decision after performing admirably in his first appearance for the north Africans during his team’s 3-0 win over Niger on Wednesday.

“I don’t have any regrets. There were never any regrets. It’ll always be Morocco in my heart. That will never change. I am proud of my match. I was able to get us a penalty and I’m just proud of my first match with Morocco. It pleases me,” he said.

Carcela added that he hearing everybody in the stadium singing the Moroccan national anthem with one voice gave him shivers and that he also was happy with how he got along with his new team-mates.

“It was like a childhood dream, I found all the happiness I was looking for. I feel good in this group. There’s a good ambience and everything is going well, we get along with each other,” he explained.