Davide Santon Confident He Can Give More To Cesena After Less Than Impressive Debut

Posted by admin on Thursday 3 February 2011


Cesena left-back Davide Santon says he wasn't impressed by his Bianconeri debut, and promises to play better.
Cesena defender Davide Santon admits he may not have had an impressive debut performance for the Bianconeri, but the 20-year-old is promising to play better as the season progresses.

Santon moved across to the Seahorses as a part of the deal which saw Yuto Nagatomo join the Nerazzurri, and now wants to take his opportunity with the Emilia-Romagna club.

"It was a good debut, even though I wasn't too happy with how I played," the Italian international told Tuttomercatoweb. "I know that I can give more to the club.

"I came to Cesena to give it my all and am happy here because I have settled in well with the group. In every match, I will give it my best hoping to achieve our objective: avoiding relegation.

"The side deserves to be higher up the ladder. Against Catania, we were unlucky as we could have done better.

"I started the season [at Inter] playing 20 matches in a row, and then had a dip in form. I had problems, was operated upon and out of action. Then I picked myself up, needing some extra time to get better and now want to play consistently.

"Mentally, I feel well but playing more often, I will get better - as will my physical condition."