Inter's Maicon Wins Samba d'Or Award

Posted by admin on Friday 4 February 2011


Inter full-back Maicon was delighted to win the Samba d'Or but has his sights set on more silverware.
Inter defender Maicon was awarded the Samba d'Or on Friday, given to the best Brazilian player in Europe for 2010, and the 29-year-old was clearly pleased to win the accolade and gave the credit to his team-mates.

"It's an incredible honour to receive this award, also because it symbolises the union between Brazil and Europe," he said at the Appiano Gentile training centre this morning.

"Above all, for this award, I must also thank my team-mates: without their help I would have not have won anything. Alone you cannot win anything and together we want to keep winning so much, because we don't feel satisfied."

Maicon played a key role in the Nerazzurri's treble success last season, but had a rough start to the 2010-11 season, putting forth some relatively poor performances, but the former Monaco player has improved since play resumed after the winter break.

"Personally, it is a good time for me. I feel good and the injury is behind me, so I hope to continue to do my best and achieve more success with Inter and even Brazil," he continued.

"The more you win, the more you want to keep winning."