Diego Milito: I Was Never Close To Joining Jose Mourinho At Real Madrid As I Prefer Inter

Posted by admin on Saturday 5 February 2011


Milito admits he is not attracted by the lure of Real Madrid as he ponders Mourinho return to Inter in future.
Diego Milito insists a Jose Mourinho reunion is impossible unless the Real Madrid coach returns to Inter.

Milito, 31, has been linked with the Merengues since the summer when reports sparked suggestions he was Madrid-bound.

However, he is in no mood to make amendments to plans over his future as he eyes an Inter stay.

"Was I close to leaving Inter last summer? No, never," he told Il Corriere dello Sport.

"What did I think when I read Mourinho wanted me in Madrid? It is always nice for me when an important coach like Mourinho wants me at Madrid, but I am happy at Inter."

Mourinho has been feeling the heat in Madrid following well documented tension with Jorge Valdano. His future has looked far from guaranteed, but Milito cannot see a Nerazzurri return.

"Mourinho return? I don't know if it is possible. At the moment we have Leonardo and it's not nice to speak about other coaches at Inter," added the striker.

"But, never say never in football. Mourinho for us was one of the most important and I think the doors here will always be open for him."