Chelsea Midfielder Nemanja Matic Eagerly Anticipating Benfica Move

Posted by admin on Wednesday 2 February 2011


Serbian midfielder Nemanja Matic, currently under contract with Chelsea, is loking forward to playing for Benfica.
Serbia international Nemanja Matic is eagerly anticipating his move to reigning Portuguese champions Benfica at the end of the season.

The left footed midfielder, currently on loan at Eredivisie side Vitesse, will leave Chelsea for the Lisbon side in the summer of 2011 as part of the deal that saw defender David Luiz leaving Benfica for Chelsea in the winter transfer window.

"I'm very happy with the final result of the negotiations. This transfer means a new challenge for me and I'm really looking forward to it," the 22-year-old Matic was quoted as saying by Record.

"I will get the chance to play at top level week after week at Benfica and will be part of a great team. I want to win silverware at my new club. I don't want to ruin this chance at a big club and will do my utmost to succeed."

Matic will continue to play on loan at Vitesse until the end of the season before moving to Portugal. He has so far made 18 league appearances for the Dutch side, scoring once in the progress.