Valencia Striker Jonas Goncalves: My Playing Style Is Similar To Robinho's

Posted by admin on Wednesday 2 February 2011


Valencia striker Jonas Goncalves compares his style to Milan attacker Robinho.
Valencia’s new signing Jonas Goncalves has compared his style of play to Milan attacker Robinho.

Jonas joined los Che from Gremio for a fee of €1.25 million during the January transfer window, and arrives with a goal record in South America just short of one every two matches.

“I am a very mobile player who plays in front of goal and is always looking for a good pass or shot," the 26-year-old said today during his official unveiling.

“I’m not a player who plays with his back towards the goal. I identify with Robinho, I really like his football because he has mobility and the capacity to control the ball while facing the goal.”

Jonas also stated his intention to remain a Valencia player for many years, and also of his desire to eventually force his way into the Brazilian nation side.

“The city is wonderful and charming, and I did not expect such a warm reception. I am very happy to sign for many years, and to join a winning team playing in the best league in the world and the Champions League.

“It would be a dream to reach the Brazilian team, but that is a very difficult challenge, because they are very competent players.”