Sergio Aguero Insists Atletico Madrid Future In His Own Hands

Posted by admin on Tuesday 1 February 2011


Aguero claims that he will decide his own future.
Atletico Madrid striker Sergio Aguero has claimed that he holds his future in his own hands and will not be motivated by anyone else's wishes or desires.

The 22-year-old Argentina international forward is one of the most sought-after players on the planet and was the subject of mega-bids from Real Madrid and Chelsea in January as well as an offer from Tottenham Hotspur late in the transfer window.

However, Aguero has committed his future to the Spanish Primera Division club and has once again insisted that he is happy at the Vicente Calderon, but this time he has added that he controls his future and not anyone else.

"I will leave Atletico when I want to," said Aguero, according to ESPNSoccernet. "I will decide the day not the club, nor my agent.

"If I wanted to leave the club, I wouldn't have renewed my contract as I would have been free to leave in 11 months.

"I am really happy about the extension and now we can move on. I am tied to Atletico because they have always treated me well.

"All I am focused on now is doing well with Atletico and trying to get the points we need," he added.

"Our objective [the top four] is far away but it is still possible as there are lots of points to play for this season."