New Inter Signing Yuto Nagatomo: I Have To Prove My Worth To The World Champions

Posted by admin on Tuesday 1 February 2011


Nagatomo can't wait to strut his stuff for the Nerazzurri.
Japan international left-back Yuto Nagatomo has admitted that he will have to prove that he belongs with Inter and cannot take anything for granted.

The 24-year-old joined the Italian and European champions on loan from Serie A strugglers Cesena for the rest of the season on Monday.

Nagatomo had a brilliant Asian Cup with Japan and inspired his nation to the title but believes that he will have to give his all to succeed at Inter.

"I'm very happy to have joined Inter, the world champions," enthused Nagatomo on Monday, according to Inter's official website. "Now I have to prove to everyone that I can play.

"What's happened today came out of the blue, but now that I'm here I have to give it everything I've got.

"I already know some of my new team-mates," he added. "I met Samuel Eto'o when I played against him with Japan in the World Cup and the same goes for Wesley Sneijder.

"But I expect I'll soon make friends with the whole team," he concluded.