Houssine Kharja Excited To Work With Leonardo At Inter

Posted by admin on Wednesday 2 February 2011


Kharja is looking forward to working with Inter coach Leonardo.
Houssine Kharja is looking forward to working with Inter coach Leonardo and hopes that he can develop as a player under the Brazilian.

The 28-year-old midfielder joined the Nerazzurri on loan from Genoa last month and made his debut in the Beneamata's 3-2 victory over Palermo on Sunday.

Kharja is glad to have made the switch and has been quoted by Inter's official website as saying, "It's an honour and a pleasure for me to be here with the world champions and with Leonardo.

"I was a ball boy when he used to play for Paris Saint-Germain. I still have a pair of his old shorts, with holes in them now - a souvenir I've kept from back then.

"He was my idol. I remember his magical left foot, he used to take the most perfect free kicks and corners.

"As I said, it's an honour for me to be at Inter. Lots of teams were interested in me but when Inter came in I didn't have to think twice. I'm overjoyed to be here and also about how my debut went.

"Every training session will be like a cup final for me," he concluded.