Alejandro Dominguez: I Want To Prove Myself At Valencia

Posted by admin on Thursday 3 February 2011


Valencia attacker Alejandro Dominguez insists he will prove his worth to the club after Juventus loan move collapsed.
Valencia attacker Alejandro Dominguez has confessed it has been a strange week for him, and he addressed the media this afternoon prior to this weekend’s fixture against Hercules.

The Argentine’s agent was in Italy on Monday closing a loan switch to Juventus until the end of the season, only for the deal to collapse at the last minute.

The former Rubin Kazan star then made an impact from the bench that evening to rescue a point for Los Che in Santander against Racing.

Dominguez admitted that he did not see himself leaving Valencia, saying: “I never saw myself outside the team, I always worked and tried to be good and take my opportunity when it came. Things have not gone as I intended.

“At not time did I think I could not be on this team. In my case, I have the satisfaction that large teams wanted to sign me, and I still think that I can prove myself as a player.”

He then looked forward to Sunday’s derby encounter with Hercules, saying: “What interests us is to make a good game, and give a good showing.”